The Eye & Ear Foundation Ambassadors Program provides additional opportunities for our most engaged supporters to further our mission and to share news and updates regarding research and other developments in the Departments of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. Ambassadors will have their own profile page on the Eye & Ear Foundation website, which will be updated periodically with articles, videos, and updates that ambassadors can share with their family and friends.
As an Ambassador, one can support the Eye & Ear Foundation (EEF) through a variety of activities:
Hosting networking events for friends and colleagues to learn more about the work of EEF, which may include:
- Inviting people to one’s home for a luncheon or cocktail party to interact with EEF and find out more about the organization
- Scheduling a tour of labs for a group of up to 12 people to see research in action
- Including a representative of EEF as a speaker at a monthly meeting of college alumni, civic organizations and business meetings
Social media presents a wealth of opportunities to share one’s work as an Ambassador:
- Sharing or creating EEF content on one’s social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, et cetera using approved messaging
- Inviting friends and family to become engaged with EEF on social media
- Hosting a private webinar/virtual meeting to discuss EEF research.
- Organizing online fundraising opportunities such as birthday donations, matching gift drives, or garnering support for a charity run/walk
Ambassadors are identified by EEF staff and approved by the EEF Nominating Committee, typically for a term of two years, which may be extended by the Nominating Committee. During their term, the actions of the Ambassadors are expected to be consistent with the mission and vision of EEF.
EEF supports the Ambassadors by developing and providing approved messaging that is to be used in all Ambassador activities, including social media.